Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Paris in the Spring

Last night I attended the Philadelphia International Flower Show!  This was the second time I attended the show.  Last year I went alone, but this year I went with my co-workers.  The theme for the Flower Show this year was Paris in the Spring.  The show was amazing and my olfactory bulbs were overloaded.  There were so many things to see and smell.  There were thousands and thousands of flowers, especially my favorites, tulips and orchids!  There were giant butterflies, fish, horses, lions, and ostriches all made out of flowers.  It was awesome.  I took plenty of photos, but I will only share a few of my favorites with you.

This is what a bud looks like before it blooms and looks like the flower below. 
These are my new favorite flowers
This was one of my favorite orchids.  I love the little pouch
I have never seen these curled edge tulips before. 






I know I posted a lot of photos, but I had a lot of favorites.


If you like all those, then you will love this one!

I don't know the name of the flower, but it was very bright, unusual, and unique.  Thats probably why I chose it as my photo of the day.

March 8, 2011
67/365
Flower Sprouts


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope these pictures get you ready for spring!

Aasiya

3 comments:

Jessica Vescera said...

Wow. Such breathtaking images. I wouldn't have been able to choose, either. I love the greens and oranges. So wonderful.

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love these pictures. I want the 6th picture for my dining room. What kind of flower is that?

Bek said...

I never went to a flower show and really would love to go one day. I think I could take thousands of pictures!! Very beautiful!