Friday, March 4, 2011

When Life Gives Me Lemons... I Take Pictures of Them

Today, during my regularly scheduled blog hopping,  I came across several photographs of fruits and vegetables.  Coincidentally, the Digital Photography School Weekly Challenge is food photography.  So, I took the idea and ran with it.  I spent my afternoon photographing lemons.  Unfortunately, when I decided to start working on the photos, all of the lovely natural sunlight was gone.  I decided to setup my shoot indoors and was forced to use an artificial light source.  I used my 100 mm macro lens because I really wanted to capture the detail in the lemon.  I managed to get several shots that I really liked.

Here are my favorite three.





I saved the 4th picture for my photo of the day!

March 4, 2011
63/365
When Life Gives You Lemons...



Aasiya

9 comments:

Bek said...

I love your choice for the POD. The black background makes the color just pop out!

Ellen said...

I like your pic of the day too. The lemon's great, but I also like the contrasting negative space. I also like the second photo, with the juice coming off the lemon. Nice job!

Misty said...

Aasiya, thank you so much for all your comments on my blog. On my latest picture I used a Lightoom Preset called Pseudo HRD downloaded from one of the many free preset sites. I bumped the exposure and saturation too.

Misty said...

Oops. Pseudo HDR. lol

noreen said...

totally love your photo of the day!!! great focus and good call on having a black background. The color just pops!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooou! Love the last one a lot! Lemons are very photogenic. :)

Our Peculiar Lives said...

I like those! Especially the one with the lemon juice dripping. . . mmmmmm!

Aasiya said...

Thanks guys!

Rachel said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos!