Thursday, February 17, 2011

All You Need is LOVE

There are many different types of love.  Love can be: generic pleasure, interpersonal attraction, romantic, familial, platonic, and religious.  Its diverse use and meanings makes LOVE the most difficult emotion to define. 

Why all this talk about love????

I know I know...... Valentine's Day has passed.

Maybe it's all the love I feel when I look at the photos from this weeks photo assignment on The Pioneer Woman.  In honor of Valentine's Day, she chose LOVE as the theme.  She asked for readers to submit photos that say "Love".

I submitted a few photos this week, but they never made it to the finals.













There were so many great submissions.  Photographs of brothers and sisters, husband and wives, friends, pets, etc.  However, none of them moved me like the photo submitted by Janet's Daughter.  Her photograph literally brought tears to my eyes.  I know this may seem cheesy, but I can really feel the years of love between her mother and father. This is a truly beautiful and poignant photo.

If you don't believe me take a look for yourself!

                                       Make sure you have your tissues ready!

Janet's Daughter - Love is: 40 Years of Marriage


So, what are your thoughts about this photo???


Now that I have made you cry, here is yesterdays photo of the day.

Feb 16, 2011
47/365
Vertigo



I took this as apart of my class assignment.  We had to take a Bird's Eye Photo.  This was the one I chose. I took this from the top of the staircase in the historical portion of PA Hospital.  I did not get the opportunity to present this in class because I was to sick to attend class last night :(

                                                   Come back in a couple of hours to see today's photograph!
                                                                                                 Aasiya

1 comment:

noreen said...

hey, no worries about not getting into the finals. I do submit some photos too but they never reached or even selected in any group...LOL...Those photos above are relly great photos!!! They definitely showcase LOVE. I especially love the daddy kissing the baby. It melted my heart away!!

As for your photo of the day, oh, you just reminded me of Vertigo. I've been suffering that for the last couple of days. I still have it today but not as worse as two days ago...Good job on the Bird's eye view!!!