Friday, February 18, 2011

He Only Buys Me Flowers When.....

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday to post my picture.  I am going to post in a minute, but first let me tell you about it.....

My oh so "sweet" husband bought me flowers the other day!
I know you are saying to yourself "How sweet!" but I am going to stop you right there.  
He bought these flowers as an apology  for being mean to me.

Here is a list of all the things he did:


  1. I came home early because I was sick.  He was sicker and wanted me to take care of him and was mad at me for being sick. 
  2. I was in his workspace, which is actually mine, when I went to check my email before heading to bed.  I was also coughing loudly and frequently.
  3. When I awoke I decided to try and eat something.  I sat at the computer to try and finish my homework before class while I ate.  Apparently I was making a lot of noise when I was eating my soup and crackers.  He keep giving me "the look" and angrily told me he would return to his work area once I finished.
  4. I threw up the soup.  I guess this is when he realized that I was actually sick. 
  5. Prior to this, on my way home from work I stopped at the store.  I bought myself soup because I couldn't stomach anything else and bought him Fridays Quesadilla  Rolls since I knew I wasn't making dinner. I thought I was being a good wife, but he was upset because I forgot the sour cream. 
The conversation went something like this:

  • Justin:  Where's the sour cream?
  • Me: There's none in the fridge?
  • Justin: Nope.  You forgot the sour cream. You know I can't eat these without sour cream and I already put them in the oven.  
  • Me: Why don't you use the salsa?
  • Justin: I don't like salsa.  I want sour cream.  You can eat them and throw them up.
  • Me: Well excuse me for trying to be nice and considerate by getting you something from the store.  Why don't you just pick up some from the store? (We live 2 blocks away from Super Fresh)
  • Justin: I don't want to go to the store.  I'm sick.  Do you think CVS has some?
  • Me: Nope!
  • Justin: Well I already put them in the oven.  So I have to go.  Just take them out of the oven when they are done.  If you let them get burned, I'm going to be pissed.

He returned from the store with sour cream and flowers!  He apologized for being mean.  He told me that he was mean to me because he wanted me to take care of him because he wasn't feeling well.  I didn't say that you right away.  I just laughed and told him he is an ASS, but I said it with a smile on my face.   (I later learned that he bought the flowers because they were half price now that Valentine's Day passed.  In case you were wondering, I did not get flowers on Valentines Day).








Yesterday's Photo of the Day

Feb 17, 2011
48/365
Sunflower


I took this picture in my living room.  I just sat the vase in front of a window that receives indirect sunlight.  I didn't get to enjoy the nice weather yesterday :(

                                                                                                 Aasiya





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww what a meanie! ;) I'm glad he redeemed himself a little by getting you some lovely flowers!

noreen said...

funny story!!! can't help but laugh...LOL

Bek said...

I just found your blog through someone other's. I love your photos! Especially those sunflower pictures are gorgeous!!

Aasiya said...

Hi Bek! Thanks for visiting my website. I will be sure to return the favor. I hope I can keep you interested in my blog for the rest of the year.